June 30, 2013

no news...

No news is good news... I guess? It hasn't even been 2 weeks yet, but I am having a hard time keeping calm and not freaking out! I know God is in control of this whole thing and that is the only thing that keeps me sane! 

We are continuously praying for a court date before August 6th, please pray with us! I'm starting to get a little worried because we haven't even heard word of a MOWCYA (Ministry of Women's, Children, & Youth Affairs) date (we don't attend this one) where they will hopefully write us a positive letter that will then allow us to receive a court date (this is the one we will attend, our first trip to Ethiopia.) I'm trying to brace myself in the event we don't get a court date before August... this will mean most likely another 8-10 months before he is home. I don't even want to think about that! All I can do at this point is pray and pray some more!!


Last week we went on our last childless getaway with some precious friends of ours. Chase and I went to Garner State Park in November of 2012 and couldn't believe all this beauty was just hours away from our big city! A few months ago we planned a trip with our friends and it came at a perfect time to kind of decompress from all that has been going on. It is just so beautiful out there. If you are nearby and haven't been, do yourself a favor and go!! Even in the middle of June it didn't seem to be that hot there. We hiked one day and I wasn't really ever uncomfortable, in fact it was cool by the river! We had such a great time with Andrew and Laila, we have already decided we are definitely going back next year with all 3 of our kids! Can't wait. :)

I also coincidentally got a really good "after" picture on top of the "mountain"! I started working out with Perception Fitness on December 3, 2012. Ashly is the owner, she is just amazing. She also has an eating plan/diet she designs for her clients for free- can't beat that! I always hated working out in the past. Unless it was running a couple of miles in ideal temperatures, I didn't want any part of it. Between not exercising and eating more like my husband (sorry babe), I managed to put on a few pounds over our almost 8 years of marriage. I tried joining gyms, training for half marathons, counting calories, but I just couldn't stick to anything. That's where Ashly came in to save the day! After working out with her and following her "Basics", I have lost 46 pounds!! My goal was originally 50... now it's a little more, but I know I will get there thanks to all the hard work Ashly has put into making me successful! I am now running a 10 minute mile, enjoy working out and miss working out, feel better and have more energy than ever before! If you're in the Austin area and need someone to help challenge and motivate you, I cannot recommend her enough. I know there is no way I would be where I am without her! Stop on over to her website and learn more!




Back on the adoption note... we have a couple of fundraisers going on!

Our family and close friends are throwing a "Fajita Fundraiser for E" on July 13th at 7pm, in Round Rock. If you are interested in joining us please email me for more details: awaitingethiopia2012@gmail.com

We are also taking pre-orders for our t-shirt fundraiser until Tuesday July 2nd, get more details and place your order here!

We can't thank you enough for all your support and prayers! We are overwhelmed with how God is providing and working out all the details for us. We are just in awe of how He continues to orchestrate this whole journey. God is good!






No comments:

Post a Comment