July 25, 2013

holding my world in His hands {day 3}

And these are Your days, you give them
All for Your fame and all for Your glorious kingdom
Jesus, You have ordained
All things to dwell in Your purpose


We arranged to get to the orphanage a little earlier this morning. We are trying to squeeze in every possible minute with him while we are here in his country. We considered skipping lunch, but we learned the kids take a nap after lunch, so they needed us to go out for lunch and come back as we have done the last 2 days. (This is amazing, I would love for this to continue once he's home!!!)


So I will not worry or fret
My God is the God who will never forget
All of His goodness and all of His promises
He's holding my world in His hands


We had some real sweet time with our sweet boy today. Today we learned that he knows even more English than he seemed to know yesterday (I think he will end up being fluent by the time he comes home!) and he is opening up to us more and showing more of his cute personality. He is so smart. We just keep looking at each other every day like, "Did he really just say that/do that/understand that?" He is so clever and has the best sense of humor. He knows how to charm us for sure- I don't know how I will say no to that sweet, sweet smile and "Please Mom?" with an Ethiopian accent. He is so expressive. His facial expression, hand gestures, acting... it would only be fitting that he seems to be a little dramatic. Chase and I clearly aren't dramatic at all... we need some excitement in our lives!! ;-)


I'll give you a sneak peak with a picture he took of our feet. Cannot wait to show off our beautiful boy tomorrow!
We ended the day at a traditional Ethiopian restaurant with traditional dance (more like a 2 hour show). We enjoyed it so much, my cheeks hurt from laughing and smiling so much. Can't wait to take E back there on our Embassy trip!!! I'll post some pictures tomorrow... I'm about to pass out.

We are beyond blessed and so thankful for how the Lord has completed our family. Today as I was watching him, I started crying thinking, "What if we had said no to the Lord's calling us to E?" It hurts too much to think about. I am so thankful we said yes. We are the lucky ones to call him our son.

And I am your child, beloved
And all of my days, my future is laid in your promise
Jesus, to the end of the age
I am not alone or forgotten


Tomorrow afternoon is our court appointment! After court, we will officially be a family of three in the eyes of the Ethiopian court. We will then be able to share his name and his beautiful face!!! Be prepared for your heart to burst. You've been warned.

Thank you so much for your prayers throughout this journey... we are feeling them every step of the way and we are so thankful for all the love and support we have back home!



2 comments:

  1. I deactivated my fbook account but stalked through my Dad's today and saw the pictures!! I totally cried and am so so happy for you and the entire Baldwin family!!! He is so precious and y'all look like you go together!! :) Keep blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stalked!!! It's all so amazing to us...we are over the moon!! Keep praying for God's plan and timing to get them all home. Love you B!

      Delete