October 31, 2012

the first waiting post

I'm sure this will be the first of many posts that have "waiting" in the title.  The last week or 2 has really been the first time so far in the process that we are just waiting on something and don't have anything we can be doing on our own to speed things up.  I have been reminded many times over the last few weeks that this thing isn't going to happen on my timing or by my own doing.  It is very reassuring to know that I can rest in the One who holds all things in His hands and works all things in His timing.  I can't imagine going through this process not knowing who is in control.  I'm so thankful my God is so great!  

Right now we are waiting on our finalized home study, we have passport appointments on Friday, and have to go to the police station on Friday to get our local police clearance letter/certification.  Once we get these things done, we send off for the final pieces we need to submit our dossier... once we submit our dossier, the REAL wait starts.  The 18-24 month (if not longer...hopefully not longer!!) wait starts.  We have lots of books to read in that time and lots to get ready for, I just pray the months fly by!

I'm sure I'll also make a few pot holders & towels over those months.  I was just thinking tonight as I was pinning one together, I think it will be pretty cool to tell our child one day all the preparation, planning, and fundraising that went in to bringing them home.  (Maybe not... I obviously don't have children yet... so you can correct me if I'm wrong. :))  To tell them about all the people that supported us, prayed for us, and loved us through the months of waiting will be a pretty cool thing, I think.  I hope it will help them know just how loved they are by so many.

{Speaking of... posted a few new things to the shop tonight.  Including a couple of gingerbread man pieces!}

We have been shown love in some real ways this month.  In ways that leave me speechless and full of tears.  I am thankful beyond words to each of you that have loved, supported, and prayed for us.  God is so good!


  

1 comment:

  1. Love this, and the heart you have for God's special child for you!

    ReplyDelete