September 1, 2012

home study & etsy link!

On the way to the post office with complete Home Study Application!

All 89 pages of our Home Study Application were mailed off this afternoon!  Our home visit is scheduled for September 24th.  Now the rush is on to do several things around the house.  These things are on the top of the to-do list:

1.  Finish tile downstairs.  If you've been to our house in the last year I'm sure you've heard me whine about the almost finished tile floors. :)  My wonderful husband (only 3 months after breaking his knee) decided to rip up the carpet downstairs and put down travertine tile.  I shouldn't complain, because it looks great... but... he didn't know how to pull up the toilet and sink in the bathroom so the tile stops at the door to the bathroom. :)  It also needs to be finished up around the baseboard.

2.  Clean out the black hole known as the "office" upstairs.  It's the one room that is not used for anything really, so I just stuff everything in there that doesn't really have a place.

3.  Clean out closets in all the upstairs bedrooms.  Again, these closets haven't been really needed in the past so I just shove stuff in there haphazardly... but I want the social worker to feel comfortable that we are ready to put lots of baby clothes in at least one of those closets!! :)

4.  Do some emergency training with Major.  If you've been to our house you know how um, protective, Major can be.  (It actually seems like he's gotten a lot better over the last few months!)  But he tends to bark his head off and growl for a long time when people come in, especially if it's someone he doesn't know.  Hey, he's a great guard dog, that's a plus right??  I promise he's a sweet dog once you get to know him. :)  Moral of the story is I want to try to stop the guard dog stuff so the social worker isn't scared she, or a future baby, will get bitten by the big, bad Major.


I set up an Etsy shop today and got some potholders and towels listed!  Check out our available items here- http://www.etsy.com/shop/AwaitingEthiopia.  Each item is listed for $15.00 each.  For Austin friends, let me know which items you're interested in so I can get them to you without you having to pay shipping.  Instead of placing the order through Etsy just email me what item you are interested in: awaitingethiopia2012@gmail.com.  My mom and sister are also my unpaid salespeople, so if you see them at church they can get your order to you as well. :)  By the way-- big shout out to my mom for sewing all these and Jamie for helping me pin them together!!!  Thank y'all for all your help!

I'll leave you with a link to another AWAA family's blog, www.pureandlasting.com.  They just returned from Ethiopia for their court date for their daughter, Maya.  I can't get enough of her pictures or posts.  She does a great job of documenting their journey with words and pictures.  Check out their story about Alain too... wow!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to stop by and say hello :) Congratulations on your paperchase. Let me know if there are any questions I can help with :)

    ReplyDelete